See involvement opportunities below and CONTACT US for more information.
- Having fun at Martin's? Send us your photos!
- ACTION! At any point in the campaign, it may be appropriate to organize an action event, such as a protest, a paddle out, a letter-writing campaign, or otherwise. If you would like to be on-call for participation in such an event, please let us know.
- Report permit violations: Construction activities will soon be underway in preparation for placement of a 963 ft. rock revetment along the beach portion of the road. Help us keep an eye on this by reporting questionable activities (i.e. fluid spills, construction vehicles in the swash zone) and taking photos. This info will be compiled and sent to the Coastal Commission and/or County so that these activities can be put to a stop if they are not permitted.
- Photo document coastal armoring impacts: Having photos of the beach profile (<--click for example) before, during, and after construction will be very helpful to document impacts to the beach. Help by taking and sending photos of the beach and revetment. (Read more about the armoring project here)
- Beach Cleanup: Locals have reported trash and vandalism on the beach. Volunteers are needed to establish a regular beach cleanup effort to pick up any trash and, perhaps just as important, establish a presence at the beach to detour trash and vandalism.